Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Short Reflection from Haggai 1-2

[Originally posted in a WhatsApp group (OVU) as a daily reading update (reflection) from each chapter of the Bible]

[6:12 am, 17/02/2022] S.R: 𝕒𝕘𝕘𝕒𝕚 𝟙:𝟟-𝟠

"Thus says the LORD of hosts, 'Consider your ways! Go up to the mountains, bring wood and rebuild the temple, that I may be pleased with it and be glorified,' says the LORD."

Friends, let's remember our priority:

1. God

2. Family

3. Church

4. Society.

If you are an IAS officer and have done great work for society but haven't done much for your church, your reward is like a straw in the fire. Building the church in the NT concept is not the physical building but the building (helping grow) of one another because we (the people) are the church. You can build (help others grow) through words of encouragement, texting, praying, visiting, inviting, etc. Everyone can. And knowing all of you in this group, I am sure your contributions aren't straws! 😇👏

I am a pastor but if one day I get married and is not able to maintain my household, the most God-honoring thing is to step down and maintain my household. Family is more important than church. And nowadays, forget the church, people are neglecting family for societal work. It's ok for a soldier to go to war and die leaving behind his wife and children, but that's a different scenario. Nobody will accuse him of neglecting his family. But people for greed, love of money, love of status are neglecting families.

And after all, even if I have the wealth of Elon Musk and give up all my wealth for the upliftment of the poor, and even if I bring a million people to Christ, if my relationship with God is not genuine, I am the most miserable one (cf. Mark 8:36)

Friends, Learn this order of Priority!

 

𝕒𝕘𝕘𝕒𝕚 𝟚:𝟠

''‘The silver is Mine and the gold is Mine,' declares the LORD of hosts."

Indeed, everything belongs to God.