Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, March 31, 2023

Short Reflection from Selected Chapters of 1 Chronicles

[Originally posted in a WhatsApp group (AG) as a daily reading update (reflection) from each chapter of the Bible]

I shall put up only 4 updates for the book of 1 Chronicle. However, I have read all of them this evening. It's more interesting to read through the book in one sitting.

𝟙 𝕙𝕣𝕠𝕟𝕚𝕔𝕝𝕖𝕤 𝟝:𝟚

"Though Judah prevailed over his brothers, and from him came the leader, yet the birthright belonged to Joseph),"

It's interesting to see that birthright can be taken away as it was of Esau and even be disqualified like that of Reuben; that's good.

While Joseph got the birthright, still the chosen tribe for greatness was Judah. God has a way of being gracious!

 

𝟙 𝕙𝕣𝕠𝕟𝕚𝕔𝕝𝕖𝕤 𝟙𝟙:𝟙𝟡

"and he said, 'Be it far from me before my God that I should do this. Shall I drink the blood of these men who went at the risk of their lives? For at the risk of their lives they brought it.' Therefore he would not drink it. These things the three mighty men did."

David would not accept that water for his pleasure. God was dearer to Him. And it's not hard to see why people were so loyal to him even these three risking their lives just for the water for David.

Unfortunately, it's also true that false teachers are accumulating wealth for themselves at the suffering of needy people, and still, people flocked to them.

However, such loyalty seen in this verse is beautiful. Today, I met a guy who says, (I am sure it was just for the sake of saying but still then) that suppose he knows he has only one hour to live, and if I happen to ask him for help, he will still help me. 😃

 

𝟙 𝕙𝕣𝕠𝕟𝕚𝕔𝕝𝕖𝕤 𝟚𝟙:𝟙𝟟

"David said to God, 'Is it not I who commanded to count the people? Indeed, I am the one who has sinned and done very wickedly, but these sheep, what have they done? O LORD my God, please let Your hand be against me and my father's household, but not against Your people that they should be plagued.'"

There were times, I prayed similar to this, of course, but not to this extent. Leaders must protect those who are under their care.

All of us are leaders in some areas. Don't just expect of others. Fulfill yourself! 🙂👍

 

𝟙 𝕙𝕣𝕠𝕟𝕚𝕔𝕝𝕖𝕤 𝟚𝟠:𝟚𝟘

"Then David said to his son Solomon, 'Be strong and courageous, and act; do not fear nor be dismayed, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you nor forsake you until all the work for the service of the house of the LORD is finished.'"

Hmmm! I thought only Joshua was asked multiple times to be strong and courageous. Today, I have just realized that Solomon was also asked/charged multiple times to be strong and courageous.

Indeed, a leader needs to be strong and courageous. Hitler-defeating Winston Churchill was right, "Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities because it has been said, it is the quality which guarantees all others."