Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, March 27, 2023

The 500th Help Think Blog Post

This is my 500th blogpost for Help Think.

I started 9 years ago, here’s the link.

I’ve been here for 3,296 days

Though nothing worthy of praise.

I ain’t in the league of geeks

Although I‘ve been here 470 weeks.

Posting an average of once a week

Barely three to four at its peak.

 

Two years, I took a break

They were not a mistake;

2015, overwhelmed in seminary,

2017, busy in pastoral ministry.

How long will I go on blogging?

Maybe as long as I keep writing.

I do have 100 more to post

Yet, that’s nothing to boast.

 

Thrice a week, my target, to post

That’s enough for this year to last.

Gratitude to my WhatsApp friends

With their partnership Help Think sustains.

Who are my readers? I cannot tell

I write for Christians, and for anyone as well.

To help them think to know God’s words

And help them live a life that accords.

 

My goal on social media, or online

Is for Romans 1:11, in me, to shine:

“That I may impart to you

Some spiritual gift to strengthen you”

To be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith.

And to hold on to Romans 8, twenty-eight.

For the redeemed, all things work together for good;

That cannot be forgotten nor be misunderstood.

 

Aye, we shall not be utterly cast down,

Though we may fall; for we are God’s own.

Um, that’s Psalm 37, twenty-four

Three Scriptures a lot, I shall mention no more.

I ain’t a great writer, not even good

Though I wish and strive that I would,

Nor a techie as you see on my web page;

I hope to be better in both as I age

 

A few weeks ago, I pondered

Not to let the 500th post be squandered.

Thank you, my readers and encouragers!

Would you read all the more and be firm believers?

Certainly, I shall not write a 500-line rhyme

That will take me a lot of time.

Noteworthy are some special occasions

Though they need not require celebrations.

 

This blogpost (poem) is a dedication

To Mermie, my greatest fan, without hesitation,

A delightful friend more than I could wish for,

Yet shall be better evermore.

Who’s a friend to me?

Lord, one whose desire is to honour Thee,

Whose mind is set to know and live

Out Thy word as long as we live.

 

Lovely are the struggles of God’s people

Though weak and slow they battle

Against sin, vain philosophy, and worldliness

Even if it leads them to loneliness.

They choose to live for God, a self-denial

Even in times of suffering and trial;

Yet they will remain imperfect

Someday, God shall make them perfect.

 

Such ones are my delightful friends

They shall last even when the world ends.

I set out to compose a 500-word poem

I only wish you appreciate this as a poem

Now, I must bring this to a close

It’s time I suppose

Before you get an overdose

To bid y’all adios!