Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, April 16, 2018

Best Bible App for Mobile Phone


Last time we read about the importance of God’s word and its availableness through technology even in hostile places. I trust you thank God for allowing us to access His word easily. One can have an in-depth Bible study through Bible Software and Bible App available for Computer and Mobile phone. Today I would like to recommend Bible App for Smart Phone.
 (Next time will be about TopBible Study websites.)
For Mobile/Smart Phone: (ForComputer click here)
Either in Computer or in Phone, I like to have Bible Software/App that will help me do an in-depth study. I am also looking for the easy user interface, which happens to be available and free to install too. There are lots of Bible App in the Play Store. If you are curious, you can try installing one after another and uninstall it, if it happens to be not of your taste. (Now, after the entrance of Jio in India, the internet data is almost available for everyone.)


Again there are lots, that one cannot install/uninstall one after another. I would like to recommend two Bible App for the phone. Like I said for the Computer, this is purely based on my experience. I do not claim to be an expert in any Software or App available, or even on which I am recommending.
Logos Bible App for the phone would be nice, but you do need to have an account (not free for good feature). I would have you consider installing MySword Bible on your phone.
Top 4 Reasons why I recommend MySword Bible App.
1.     It is a free, offline Bible App without ads, but with good updates.
2.   It has Multiple Bible versions, Good Commentaries, great Dictionaries and standard Lexicons.
3.   For those who are interested in Original Languages, it has multiple versions of Greek and Hebrew with exegetical information (such as parsing, Strong’s number, dictionary link, notes). It also has Exegetical Commentary for both Greek and Hebrew.
4.   Resources like ToD, BI, K&D, RWP, ABP, GRVx, BHSE, RMAC, BDB, AMGL are too good to get in just a fingertip.
One of the demerits of MySword Bible App is that it does not have the three greatest Bible Versions – NASB, ESV, and NKJV. I still prefer over any other App because I am more interested in the study materials than the version itself. There are Apps without Dictionary or Commentary, this one has even exegetical materials.
To complement this App, I would like to recommend “The Study Bible” created by Grace to You. This has NASB, ESV, and NKJV and cross-references offline.  There are also reliable expository verse by verse Sermon links and study material links too (those links require you to be online.) Also, you can have a reliable solid study notes on the purchase. In fact, if you are not that much interested in original languages and preparing sermons, The Study Bible App would be more helpful, perhaps, the best!
If you do know any other App, which looks superior, you are welcome to share your opinion. (Ignorance is not bliss!)
I trust that your Bible study will be much more effective from now onwards.
R. Solomon