Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, April 23, 2018

Top 3 Websites for in-depth Bible Study

If you have been reading the previous blog posts, you must be aware that I have been blogging about Bible Study resources. In Previous Posts, I have recommended Bible Software for Computer and Bible App for Phone for us to have an in-depth study of God’s word (offline). Today, let us go to online resources. I am considering those websites that help us study the Bible in our own for Sermon Preparation, Biblical Exegesis, and others. To do that requires resources like Original Languages, Lexicons, Exegetical Commentaries, Dictionaries, Theological Books, Journals, Sermon links, etc. Personally, I have been to many sites on my own and from the recommendation of others, not for writing this blog, but for my own Bible studies.
There are the top 3 websites I love to glean apart from my offline studies:

1.     Bible.org This has many resources from reputed contributors like Daniel Wallace and John Walvoord. It also has great sermon links like those of Dever and  Macarthur. It also has a Bible study too called “Lumina which will be very helpful for those who do not have a standard Bible software installed in the Computer or phone.
2.   Precept Austin Exhaustive information is available here. It also has almost all the sermon links of great preacher of past and present. It also has Greek and Hebrew studies.
3.   StudyLight.org This is an online Bible study website, which one can do similarly on Bible software offline (of course, Softwares are much more easy, effective, and efficient). It has Encyclopedias, Dictionaries, Commentaries, and Historical Writings too.
There are other websites like BibleGateway, Blue Letter Bible, Bible Study Tools, Bible Hub, and many more. However, I find more convenient to refer to the mentioned three above. I am sure you have your own preference and do share which one and why you find yourself using it. (I do not include a site like Grace to You, Ligonier, Monergism, Biblical Training, because I intend to categorize them in a different heading).
It is the time to take our Bible study to a different level.
R. Solomon