Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, July 06, 2022

Bible Reading Reflection from Job 25-31

[Originally posted in a WhatsApp group (KD) as a reading update (reflection) from one chapter of the Bible a day] 

𝕁𝕆𝔹 𝟚𝟝:𝟜

"How then can a man be just with God? Or how can he be clean who is born of woman?"

Well, if somebody says this in our world, he would be canceled, put on trial by social media, and asked to apologize. His effigy will be burnt. And perhaps even his home will be ransacked. The feminist movement is very strong. This is no longer a man's world. It's a technology world now.

In the past, men were much stronger and society depended on men since there were invaders and battles. Now, technology is more powerful than anyone. A woman with better technology is superior to 100 men without technology. Assemble 100 UFC fighters (men) before anyone with an LMG or an AK-47 rifle. And they will go down like a candle in the wind!

BTW, Bildad was not talking about the superiority of men or the inferiority of women. He was talking about the vanity and banality of man (humankind) before God.

 

𝕁𝕆𝔹 𝟚𝟞:𝟜

"To whom have you uttered words? And whose spirit was expressed through you?"

An interesting refutation from Job! His friends were critical instead of being comforting. They misrepresented Job and misrepresented God, for which God will demand repentance later on.

Here, Job fired back. He could speak of God, and more accurately and soberly. He was in no way inferior in theology, the doctrine of sin, and suffering. In fact, he went on to put burning charcoal in their mouth by asking whose spirit they had, definitely not of God! That's like saying "Are you sure you are not possessed by an evil spirit?"

 

𝕁𝕆𝔹 𝟚𝟟:𝟝-𝟞

"Far be it from me that I should declare you right; Till I die I will not put away my integrity from me. "I hold fast my righteousness and will not let it go. My heart does not reproach any of my days."

What a righteous man Job was! He could say this because he was not a hypocrite. He never had a double life. He never lived a secret life of shame. He never knew of any sin in his life that deserved the suffering he was going through! That's why, he was brave, resolute, and committed to worshiping God even when God abandoned him to Satan. And this proved the genuine faith of Job. The reason why we need to live a holy life is that we may have the strength to live when evil days come.

Remember the story of Elijah and the widow's son of 1King 17:18? When her son died, she recalled her sins. Sins and Satan are the Grandmasters of blackmailing, making us feel guilty. No matter who you are, sin will always haunt you. Martin Luther wasn't spared. Apostle Paul recalled the stoning of Stephen. The aged Peter even before his death, according to the tradition, chose to be crucified upside down. The denial of Christ was still in his mind.

That's the reason why we want to live a life of integrity, blamelessness, and faithfulness. Though God has forgiven us, sin will haunt us someday. Job wasn't troubled at all. He was confident even to debate God. Oh! To have a testimony like that of Job. To look at suffering and say, "I am above this!"

 

𝕁𝕆𝔹 𝟚𝟠:𝟚𝟛

"God understands its way, And He knows its place."

Job does not look like a depressed man here. He doesn't look like he's in deep suffering. He sounds so wise, calm, and spirited. And not because his circumstance has changed, but because his contemplation about God's sovereignty is comforting.

"God understands" and "God knows" are the most comforting words when we run out of all earthly solutions. And indeed, are true! I've heard countless times my villagers lamenting about their plight of poverty and suffering saying, “God knows!”

Suffering really has positioned us better to understand the awesomeness of God!  No wonder why James tells us to count it all joy!

 

𝕁𝕆𝔹 𝟚𝟡:𝟙𝟜-𝟙𝟝

"I put on righteousness, and it clothed me; My justice was like a robe and a turban. "I was eyes to the blind And feet to the lame."

Wow! This chapter is hard to read because Job was so impeccable and I am not!  What Job did, enjoyed, experienced, claimed, is amazing. I haven't seen such a man yet, and probably will never be. Job is perhaps the best of mankind, next to Jesus! Because God picked up Job to shame the Devil. Later on, God sent Jesus to defeat the Devil! But, to be like Job, to wear Righteousness and Justice as our clothing.

Footnote: I have a desire to visit prisons!

 

𝕁𝕆𝔹 𝟛𝟘:𝟙

"But now those younger than I mock me, Whose fathers I disdained to put with the dogs of my flock."

Wow! What a way to insult someone! 😆😂

A knife can be used to cut an apple. It can be used to stab someone too! Likewise, Bible can be used for our gain or doom. Satan used Scripture to turn away Jesus from God's mission. Jesus used that same Scripture to honor God.

So, what's it if I learn to insult today from this verse? 😂

 

𝕁𝕆𝔹 𝟛𝟙:𝟛𝟜

"Have I covered my transgressions like Adam, By hiding my iniquity in my bosom."

Job again defended his righteous lifestyle. He would not curse anyone but would curse himself if he had not walked with integrity!

He disdained the lifestyle of the first man Adam, though the 2nd Adam (Jesus) had not been born, he surely imitated Him in faith!