Search This Blog

Translate

Saturday, January 28, 2023

Noteworthy "Chapter 1 verse 11" of the books of the Bible

One of my favourite scripture portions in the bible is Romans 1:11, especially the phrase “that I may impart to you some spiritual gift” in For I long to see you, that I may impart to you some spiritual gift, so that you may be established—” Romans 1:11 [NKJV]. It has been my philosophy, my guiding principle, my goal for all my online activities, namely the social media, especially on the Blog and WhatsApp.

However, I used to forget the chapter and verse of this scripture. So, one day I decided to take a thorough look at it to never forget it again. I also looked up chapter 1:11 of all the books of the Bible. Here are some interesting 1:11 I found it to be relevant/connected to what I was thinking that day:

 

“May the Lord God of your fathers make you a thousand times more numerous than you are, and bless you as He has promised you!” Deuteronomy 1:11

“Then she made a vow and said, ‘O Lord of hosts, if You will indeed look on the affliction of Your maidservant and remember me, and not forget Your maidservant, but will give Your maidservant a male child, then I will give him to the Lord all the days of his life, and no razor shall come upon his head.’” I Samuel 1:11

“Then God said to Solomon: ‘Because this was in your heart, and you have not asked riches or wealth or honor or the life of your enemies, nor have you asked long life—but have asked wisdom and knowledge for yourself, that you may judge My people over whom I have made you king—’” II Chronicles 1:11

“‘O Lord, I pray, please let Your ear be attentive to the prayer of Your servant, and to the prayer of Your servants who desire to fear Your name; and let Your servant prosper this day, I pray, and grant him mercy in the sight of this man.’ For I was the king’s cupbearer.” Nehemiah 1:11

“But now, stretch out Your hand and touch all that he has, and he will surely curse You to Your face!” Job 1:11

“There is no remembrance of former things, Nor will there be any remembrance of things that are to come By those who will come after.” Ecclesiastes 1:11

“‘To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices to Me?’ Says the Lord. ‘I have had enough of burnt offerings of rams And the fat of fed cattle. I do not delight in the blood of bulls, Or of lambs or goats.’” Isaiah 1:11

“All her people sigh, They seek bread; They have given their valuables for food to restore life. ‘See, O Lord, and consider, For I am scorned.’” Lamentations 1:11

“For from the rising of the sun, even to its going down, My name shall be great among the Gentiles; In every place incense shall be offered to My name, And a pure offering; For My name shall be great among the nations,” Says the Lord of hosts.” Malachi 1:11

 

“Then a voice came from heaven, ‘You are My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.’” Mark 1:11

“He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him.” John 1:11

“In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will,” Ephesians 1:11

“Therefore we also pray always for you that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfill all the good pleasure of His goodness and the work of faith with power,” II Thessalonians 1:11

“who once was unprofitable to you, but now is profitable to you and to me.” Philemon 1:11

“For no sooner has the sun risen with a burning heat than it withers the grass; its flower falls, and its beautiful appearance perishes. So the rich man also will fade away in his pursuits.” James 1:11

“for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.” II John 1:11

“Beloved, do not imitate what is evil, but what is good. He who does good is of God, but he who does evil has not seen God.” III John 1:11