Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Short Reflection from Job 13-27

[Originally posted in a WhatsApp group (DRU) as a daily reading update (reflection) from each chapter of the Bible]

𝕁𝕠𝕓 𝟙𝟛:𝟚𝟝

"Will you frighten a driven leaf and pursue dry chaff?"

A few years ago, I had asked God a similar question. Well, I didn't receive any answer, but slowly and slowly Psalm 63:3 became one of my favorite Bible verses!

 

𝕁𝕠𝕓 𝟙𝟜:𝟙

"Man, who is born of woman, Is short-lived and full of turmoil."

Life is not only short but also full of troubles. But the greater truth is that there's eternal life after death which will depend on how we live now.

God's grace is sufficient here and yonder!

 

𝕁𝕠𝕓 𝟙𝟝:𝟙𝟜

"What is man, that he should be pure, Or he who is born of a woman, that he should be righteous?"

The doctrine of the sinfulness of humans is clearly revealed here! Sinners feel disgusting because it damns them, while the saints delight in it because it sanctifies them!

 

𝕁𝕠𝕓 𝟙𝟞:𝟙𝟟

"Although there is no violence in my hands, And my prayer is pure."

Job never stopped trusting God. He continued what he usually did. No to sin and Yes to godliness.

I usually hear friends and many say, "I stop praying because God never answered my prayer!" That's not what Job did. Job never took a holiday from religion (spiritual discipline), yes, even when God was silent!

 

𝕁𝕠𝕓 𝟙𝟟:𝟚

"Surely mockers are with me, And my eye gazes on their provocation."

How did that happen? Comforters turning into Mockers. It's terrible!

I am afraid whether I have been down this road! I love to encourage people but challenge them as well, but sometimes, I wonder, if they would consider my "challenge" as a mockery! And the heart is deceitful, maybe I was really mocking and not challenging, who knows? It's scary!

We must learn to distinguish between them!

 

𝕁𝕠𝕓 𝟙𝟠:𝟚𝟙

"Surely such are the dwellings of the wicked, And this is the place of him who does not know God."

Bildad's understanding of the fate of the wicked (unbelievers). Well, one thing is for sure, Heaven will be better than anybody's imagination, and hell will be worse than anybody's imagination!

 

𝕁𝕠𝕓 𝟙𝟡:𝟚𝟝-𝟚𝟞

"As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, And at the last He will take His stand on the earth. Even after my skin is destroyed, Yet from my flesh I shall see God;"

What kind of person wouldn't admire the relationship Job had with God? It's more beautiful than Romeo-Juliet, Jack-Rose, Hachiko, etc.

 

𝕁𝕠𝕓 𝟚𝟘:𝟜-𝟝

"Do you know this from of old, From the establishment of man on earth, That the triumphing of the wicked is short, And the joy of the godless momentary?"

Even Mahatma Gandhi knew that Truth will triumph. Jesus, the Truth shall indeed Reign. The triumphing of Jesus is forever.

The triumphing of the wicked, of the godless, of falsehood shall not last. Truth will always stand.

 

𝕁𝕠𝕓 𝟚𝟙:𝟚𝟚

"Can anyone teach God knowledge, In that He judges those on high?"

Job has higher view of God than his friends.

One of the top goals of my ministry is to instill a high view of God in the hearts of my hearers!

 

𝕁𝕠𝕓 𝟚𝟚:𝟚-𝟛

"Can a vigorous man be of use to God, Or a wise man be useful to himself? Is there any pleasure to the Almighty if you are righteous, Or profit if you make your ways perfect?"

Surely the best of man is still unprofitable to God. Even Peter, John, and Paul were unprofitable servants (Luke 17:10)

 

𝕁𝕠𝕓 𝟚𝟛:𝟙𝟚

"I have not departed from the command of His lips; I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my necessary food."

This verse stands out for me in chapter 23. How many people do you know who have such testimony?

 

𝕁𝕠𝕓 𝟚𝟜:𝟚𝟝

"Now if it is not so, who can prove me a liar, And make my speech worthless?"

When he was having his worst time, Job still was very confident of what he believed of God's righteousness and goodness!

And the worst times are often the best times to demonstrate our real character!

 

𝕁𝕠𝕓 𝟚𝟝:𝟜-𝟞

"How then can a man be just with God? Or how can he be clean who is born of woman? If even the moon has no brightness And the stars are not pure in His sight, How much less man, that maggot, And the son of man, that worm!"

It's necessary not only to have a high view of God, it's also imperative that we have a low view of man.

A man of God fears nothing but God!

 

𝕁𝕠𝕓 𝟚𝟞:𝟚

"What a help you are to the weak! How you have saved the arm without strength!"

I pray to God that I am not like Job's friends when I go to counsel others. Yesterday and today, I counseled two different individuals. By God's grace, they said that I am a messenger of God to help them come out from their depression. PTL🙏

Indeed, we have the complete revelation of God, we can't afford to be like them.

 

𝕁𝕠𝕓 𝟚𝟟:𝟞

"I hold fast my righteousness and will not let it go. My heart does not reproach any of my days."

In tough times, I often thought, "What have I done to be in this situation?" because I am such a sinner, guilty here and there.

Job being a righteous man was conscious of nothing wrong in his conduct.

We need to be holy and blameless because tough days are coming and will beat us mercilessly