Search This Blog

Translate

Saturday, June 17, 2023

Short Reflection from Ezekiel 1-16

[Originally posted in a WhatsApp group (LRAU) as a daily reading update (reflection) from each chapter of the Bible]

[9:03 pm, 01/07/2022] S.R: π”Όπ•«π•–π•œπ•šπ•–π• πŸ™:𝟚𝟠

"As the appearance of the rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the appearance of the surrounding radiance. Such was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw it, I fell on my face and heard a voice speaking."

Indeed, the most appropriate response to the glory of God is to fall down and worship God.

 

π”Όπ•«π•–π•œπ•šπ•–π• 𝟚:𝟞-𝟟

"And you, son of man, neither fear them nor fear their words, though thistles and thorns are with you and you sit on scorpions; neither fear their words nor be dismayed at their presence, for they are a rebellious house. But you shall speak My words to them whether they listen or not, for they are rebellious."

No matter what, God's minister must do his work, irrespective of the response of the people!

 

π”Όπ•«π•–π•œπ•šπ•–π• πŸ›:𝟞-𝟟

"nor to many peoples of unintelligible speech or difficult language, whose words you cannot understand. But I have sent you to them who should listen to you; yet the house of Israel will not be willing to listen to you, since they are not willing to listen to Me. Surely the whole house of Israel is stubborn and obstinate."

I've some church attendees/members who are like this. They look like anyone outside, but inside their hearts/minds are locked, refusing to listen, think, and receive the instructions of God.

Still, God told Ezekiel to do his duties of proclamation. And so must I irrespective of people's response.

 

π”Όπ•«π•–π•œπ•šπ•–π• 𝟜:πŸ™πŸ

"Then He said to me, 'See, I will give you cow's dung in place of human dung over which you will prepare your bread.'"

God has the habit of asking his minister to do things unthinkable. After all, He is the lawgiver. Abraham to a child sacrifice. Peter to eat unclean animals. Aaron to spit on the face of his daughter.

What has God asked of us?

 

π”Όπ•«π•–π•œπ•šπ•–π• 𝟝:πŸ™πŸ›

''Thus My anger will be spent and I will satisfy My wrath on them, and I will be appeased; then they will know that I, the LORD, have spoken in My zeal when I have spent My wrath upon them."

The Scriptures teach the appeasement of God's anger, the satisfaction of God's wrath. Which actually was when Jesus died on the cross.

The modern hymn "In Christ alone" captures that phrase.

 

π”Όπ•«π•–π•œπ•šπ•–π• 𝟞:πŸ™πŸš-πŸ™πŸ›

"He who is far off will die by the plague, and he who is near will fall by the sword, and he who remains and is besieged will die by the famine. Thus will I spend My wrath on them. Then you will know that I am the LORD, when their slain are among their idols around their altars, on every high hill, on all the tops of the mountains, under every green tree and under every leafy oak--the places where they offered soothing aroma to all their idols."

I wish these things happen soon even in our time that people will know that God is alive!

 

π”Όπ•«π•–π•œπ•šπ•–π• 𝟟:𝟜

'For My eye will have no pity on you, nor will I spare you, but I will bring your ways upon you, and your abominations will be among you; then you will know that I am the LORD!'

People love to quote Jer. 29:11 as a magical wish verse for one another without the knowledge of its context. One can quote this verse too by the same standard.

However, these two verses aren't magical blessings or curses. It's the God of these verses who will bring into effect to those who listen and doesn't listen to Him!

 

π”Όπ•«π•–π•œπ•šπ•–π• 𝟠:πŸ™πŸ

"He said to me, ‘Do you see this, son of man? Yet you will see still greater abominations than these.’"

God sees and takes account of everything.  He sees far more wicked things than we have ever known, seen, or imagined!

 

π”Όπ•«π•–π•œπ•šπ•–π• 𝟑:𝟑-πŸ™πŸ˜

“Then He said to me, "The iniquity of the house of Israel and Judah is very, very great, and the land is filled with blood and the city is full of perversion; for they say, 'The LORD has forsaken the land, and the LORD does not see!' But as for Me, My eye will have no pity nor will I spare, but I will bring their conduct upon their heads."”

Even if the world has become so wicked, God is still on the throne and requires His people to live differently!

 

π”Όπ•«π•–π•œπ•šπ•–π• πŸ™πŸ˜:πŸ™

"Then I looked, and behold, in the expanse that was over the heads of the cherubim something like a sapphire stone, in appearance resembling a throne, appeared above them."

God's throne is above all!

 

π”Όπ•«π•–π•œπ•šπ•–π• πŸ™πŸ™:πŸ™πŸŸ

“Therefore say, 'Thus says the Lord GOD, "I will gather you from the peoples and assemble you out of the countries among which you have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel."'”

Remember the greatness of God in His promise to gather the scattered people among the nations. He can really do smaller things much easier than this!

 

π”Όπ•«π•–π•œπ•šπ•–π• πŸ™πŸš:𝟚𝟠

"Therefore say to them, 'Thus says the Lord GOD, "None of My words will be delayed any longer. Whatever word I speak will be performed,"' declares the Lord GOD."

Remember this verse about the promise and warning of God: it shall surely come to pass!

 

π”Όπ•«π•–π•œπ•šπ•–π• πŸ™πŸ›:πŸšπŸ›

"therefore, you women will no longer see false visions or practice divination, and I will deliver My people out of your hand. Thus you will know that I am the LORD."

"I will deliver," God is a deliverer!

 

π”Όπ•«π•–π•œπ•šπ•–π• πŸ™πŸœ:πŸ™πŸ‘-𝟚𝟘

“"Or if I should send a plague against that country and pour out My wrath in blood on it to cut off man and beast from it, even though Noah, Daniel and Job were in its midst, as I live," declares the Lord GOD, "they could not deliver either their son or their daughter. They would deliver only themselves by their righteousness."”

How cool is it that God mentioned the names of Noah, Daniel, and Job! These guys should be our heroes.

 

π”Όπ•«π•–π•œπ•šπ•–π• πŸ™πŸ:𝟟-𝟠

"‘and I set My face against them. Though they have come out of the fire, yet the fire will consume them. Then you will know that I am the LORD, when I set My face against them. Thus I will make the land desolate, because they have acted unfaithfully,’ declares the Lord GOD."

A stern warning. God hates the unfaithful!

 

π”Όπ•«π•–π•œπ•šπ•–π• πŸ™πŸž:𝟜𝟚

"So I will calm My fury against you and My jealousy will depart from you, and I will be pacified and angry no more."

Notice the following words: calm, depart, pacified, no more.

God is using the language of humans to express the seriousness of reality. We see the pain, anger, justice, patience, and goodness of God.