Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, June 07, 2023

To Love

Admire me for what I am good at

Love me for what I am bad at

 

If you love me for what I am good at

And hate me for what I am bad at

We will be miserable because you will find that

I have more “bad at” than “good at”

 

And I intend to do the same with you

At all things, to admire you and love you

 

Anyone can love us for what we are good at

And people will hate us for what we are bad at

Let our love for one another cause us to love

Especially when we are unlovely and guilty of

 

That's difficult, but that's the love

I've decided to love you, and would ask you too, my love

 

I think that's the love that pleases the Lord

The love we must afford

The love that's true and rare

The love that endures without despair.