Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Short Reflection from Lamentations 1-5

[Originally posted in a WhatsApp group (OVU) as a daily reading update (reflection) from each chapter of the Bible]

[10:34 pm, 09/03/2022] S.R: 𝕃𝕒𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤 𝟙:𝟙𝟞

"For these things I weep; My eyes run down with water; Because far from me is a comforter, One who restores my soul. My children are desolate Because the enemy has prevailed."

A godly man weeps over the sins of the people. Wicked people curse upon those whom they think are wicked!

If we are righteous and godly like Jeremiah, we will weep for sinners.

 

𝕃𝕒𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤 𝟚:𝟙𝟞

"All your enemies Have opened their mouths wide against you; They hiss and gnash their teeth. They say, ‘We have swallowed her up! Surely this is the day for which we waited; We have reached it, we have seen it.’"

This is what happens to a Christian who keeps sinning because the way of a transgressor is hard (Prov.13:15) because God disciplines whom He loves, and I love that God disciplines me whenever I go astray.

You must be so wicked to hate God. You must be a hell-bound sinner if you get angry with God when He disciplines you. I may hate the pain and the instrument God uses to discipline me but not God.

 

𝕃𝕒𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤 𝟛:𝟙𝟠

"So I say, 'My strength has perished, And so has my hope from the LORD.'"

Was there a time you ever felt or said like this? I had. But it didn't end like this for Jeremiah nor for me. This chapter has 66 verses. This is just v18. 😉

In v21, he would recall God and have hope again. And by v55-56 he would call on God and the Lord answered him.

The Christian life is up and down from our perspective. But in the grand scheme of God, we are being sanctified more and more as the day goes by.

 

𝕃𝕒𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤 𝟜:𝟙𝟟

"Yet our eyes failed, Looking for help was useless; In our watching we have watched For a nation that could not save."

Jeremiah's lamentation like this gives hope to the disappointed ones. That disappointment is both for the wicked and even the people of God. And that God shall be the solution soon or later

 

𝕃𝕒𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤 𝟝:𝟚𝟙

"Restore us to yourself, O LORD, that we may be restored! Renew our days as of old"

Notice the theology of Jeremiah. Restoration is primarily to God. Only then the physical restoration would happen!