Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, August 25, 2023

Short Reflection from John 8-14

 [Originally posted in a WhatsApp group (KD) as a daily reading update (reflection) from each chapter of the Bible]

JOHN 8:1-11

Some scholars say that this story is not a part of the Gospel of John. However, this story affirms the wonderful attribute of God's mercy. Those accusers of this adulterous woman, themselves, were vile sinners, however, they were wanting to stone her to death. Jesus, the only innocent one, the only true Avenger refused to condemn her, but forgave her.

I agree with King David that, I'd rather fall into the punishment of God than the punishment of man, because man is totally cruel beyond sanity, and most importantly because there is always mercy in God's judgment.

And the reason is that we may love and adore and fear God!

Lord, You are my God! I adore You. I yield my life to You. May You be glorified in me evermore, Amen!

 

𝕁𝕆ℍℕ 𝟡:𝟛𝟘-𝟛𝟛

“The man answered and said to them, ‘Why, this is a marvelous thing, that you do not know where He is from; yet He has opened my eyes! Now we know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does His will, He hears him. Since the world began it has been unheard of that anyone opened the eyes of one who was born blind. If this Man were not from God, He could do nothing.’”

𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚐𝚞𝚢. 𝚅𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚋𝚛𝚊𝚟𝚎, 𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚜𝚎, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚎.

𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚊𝚖𝚊𝚣𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚐𝚞𝚢 𝚒𝚜 𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚕, 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚏𝚞𝚕, 𝚍𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚍, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚏𝚊𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚏𝚞𝚕!

𝙲𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚜𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚙𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎. 𝙰 𝚟𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚍𝚎𝚎𝚙𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝙿𝚑𝙳 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚢!

🤔🙂😇😎👍

 

𝕁𝕆ℍℕ 𝟙𝟘

If John 6 reveals to us the impossibility of gaining salvation of our own, John 10 reveals to us the impossibility of losing salvation! What a treat, huh? 😇 I love John 10.

For instance, look at a verse like v29

"My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; AND NO ONE IS ABLE TO SNATCH THEM OUT OF THE FATHER’S HAND"

Blessed be the Shepherd of my soul!

 

𝕁𝕠𝕙𝕟 𝟙𝟙:𝟜𝟡-𝟝𝟘

“But one of them, Caiaphas, who was high priest that year, said to them, ‘You know nothing at all. Nor do you understand that it is better for you that one man should die for the people, not that the whole nation should perish.’”

𝚆𝚘𝚠! 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 a 𝚗𝚘𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚊𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚏𝚒𝚌𝚎 an 𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚘𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚐𝚞𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚜𝚜 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚎. 𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚍𝚘 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚒𝚝. 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚙𝚕𝚘𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚊𝚗 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚍𝚘 𝚝𝚘 𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚐𝚞𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚁𝚘𝚖𝚊𝚗 𝚜𝚝𝚢𝚕𝚎 𝚌𝚛𝚞𝚌𝚒𝚏𝚒𝚡𝚒𝚘𝚗.

𝚆𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚗𝚘𝚋𝚕𝚎? 𝙽𝚘!

𝚆𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝? 𝙽𝚘!

𝚆𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚜𝚞𝚌𝚌𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚏𝚞𝚕? 𝙽𝚘

𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚗! 𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎  𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖, 𝙸 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠, 𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚏𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚊𝚜 𝚊 𝙲𝚑𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚊𝚗. 𝙸𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚙𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 "𝚜𝚖𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚛" 𝚜𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚊𝚟𝚘𝚒𝚍 "𝚋𝚒𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚛" 𝚜𝚒𝚗, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚍𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚘, 𝚒𝚝 𝚘𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚜 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 "𝚋𝚒𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚜𝚝" 𝚜𝚒𝚗 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚖𝚊𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚋𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎.

𝚂𝚒𝚗 𝚒𝚜 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚒𝚝𝚏𝚞𝚕.

𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚒𝚝𝚏𝚞𝚕.

𝚂𝚒𝚗𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚞𝚐𝚕𝚢, 𝚖𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚢, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚢!

𝙸𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚞𝚙𝚒𝚍, 𝚞𝚗𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚜!

𝓛𝓸𝓻𝓭, 𝓼𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓯𝔂 𝓶𝔂 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓫𝔂 𝓨𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓭! 𝓖𝓲𝓿𝓮 𝓶𝓮 𝓪 𝓭𝓮𝓼𝓲𝓻𝓮, 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵, 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓪𝓫𝓲𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓽𝓸 𝓯𝓸𝓵𝓵𝓸𝔀 𝓨𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓭! 𝓛𝓮𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓵𝓲𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝓵𝓲𝓯𝓮 𝓹𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓸 𝓨𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓭𝓪𝔂𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓶𝔂 𝓵𝓲𝓯𝓮. 𝓐𝓶𝓮𝓷!

 

𝕁𝕆ℍℕ 𝟙𝟚:𝟝-𝟠

“‘Why was this perfume not sold for three hundred denarii and given to the poor?’ Now he said this, not because he was concerned about the poor, but because he was a thief, and as he had the money box, he used to take from what was put into it. Therefore Jesus said, ‘Let her alone, so that she may keep it for the day of My burial. For you always have the poor with you, but you do not always have Me.’”

𝙸𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚙𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚜𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚊 𝚍𝚎𝚝𝚊𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢, 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝! 

𝙹𝚞𝚍𝚊𝚜 𝙸𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚘𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚛𝚎 (𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚊𝚝 𝚊𝚕𝚕) 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚘𝚋𝚓𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗. 𝙷𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚍𝚒𝚍𝚗'𝚝 (𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚊𝚝 𝚊𝚕𝚕) 𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚘𝚘𝚛. 𝙷𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚊 𝚍𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚊 𝚋𝚎𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚒𝚍!

𝙸 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚕𝚍, 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚊 𝚏𝚊𝚒𝚛 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚙𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚍𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚜𝚒𝚝𝚞𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜. 𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝚊𝚕𝚜𝚘 𝚐𝚞𝚒𝚕𝚝𝚢. 𝚆𝚎𝚕𝚕, 𝚖𝚢 𝚖𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚘𝚍𝚊𝚢'𝚜 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐/𝚛𝚎𝚏𝚕𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚒𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚢 𝚘𝚛 𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝙳𝙾𝚄𝙱𝙻𝙴 𝙼𝙾𝚃𝙸𝚅𝙴𝚂𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚗 𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚘𝚏 𝚛𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚊 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚏𝚒𝚌 𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚞𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜.

𝙹𝚎𝚜𝚞𝚜' 𝚛𝚎𝚙𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚌𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚌. 𝙽𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝙹𝚞𝚍𝚊𝚜 𝙸𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚘𝚝 was 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚞𝚙, 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚘𝚘𝚛, 𝚘𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝, 𝙹𝚎𝚜𝚞𝚜’ 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗t was 𝙷𝚎 (𝙹𝚎𝚜𝚞𝚜)𝚒𝚜 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚞𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚗𝚝, 𝚟𝚊𝚕𝚞𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚗𝚘𝚋𝚕𝚎𝚛!

𝓣𝓸 𝓬𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓣𝓱𝓮𝓮, 𝓞 𝓒𝓱𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽! 𝓣𝓸 𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓾𝓻𝓮 𝓣𝓱𝓮𝓮. 𝓣𝓸 𝓪𝓭𝓸𝓻𝓮 𝓣𝓱𝓮𝓮. 𝓜𝓸𝓻𝓮 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝓣𝓱𝓮𝓮, 𝓐𝓶𝓮𝓷!

 

𝕁𝕆ℍℕ 𝟙𝟛-𝟛𝟟-𝟛𝟠

"Peter *said to Him, ‘Lord, why can I not follow You right now? I will lay down my life for You.” Jesus *answered, “Will you lay down your life for Me? Truly, truly, I say to you, a rooster will not crow until you deny Me three times.’"

It's Jesus who saved me from the penalty of sin (hell)

It's Jesus who saves me now from the practice of sins (of course, I am still not sinless) (earth)

It's Jesus who will save me from the presence of sins (heaven)

I have no strength. I have nothing, only sin. I cannot be overconfident. I cannot be arrogant. And I cannot be ignorant.

Salvation (past, present, future) (hell, earth, or heaven) is of the Lord!

I can only say, "I will not fail, because He has promised to hold me fast!"

Even if I fall, I shall not be utterly down, because His arms shall lift me up again!

 

𝕁𝕆ℍℕ 𝟙𝟜:𝟞

“Jesus *said to him, ‘I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but through Me.’”

In this postmodern world, many people claim that truth is relative. Meaning, what is true to you may be untrue to me, and vice-versa, it depends according to the view of the person, there's no absolute truth.

Well, that's a lie! That's insanity. In this verse, it is written that not only truth is objective, but truth resides in a person, Jesus Christ. In implication, whatever Jesus says is truth, whatever He does is right (true). If anyone rejects His Lordship, His teaching, His invitation, one is rejecting the truth.

Furthermore, He says that there's no other way to know (reconcile) the Father except through Him.

This verse is one of my favorite passages in the Scripture since I was a child, and still is, and still fascinates me! 😇🙏