Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, August 15, 2022

Bible Reading Reflection from Psalms 139-150

 [Originally posted in a WhatsApp group (GP), a daily reading update (reflection) from each chapter of the Bible]

β„™π•€π•’π•π•ž πŸ™πŸ›πŸ‘:𝟟

"Where can I go from Your Spirit?

Or where can I flee from Your presence?"

There are no hidden things before God. There's no escape from God. There's nothing that can thwart the plan of God. Not even our own sins, not all the forces of demons combined together. Nor would God change His mind. That's the greatest assurance that God is my God, no matter what because He owns me twice!

 

β„™π•€π•’π•π•ž πŸ™πŸœπŸ˜:𝟠

"Do not grant, O LORD, the desires of the wicked;

Do not promote his evil device, that they not be exalted. Selah"

Praying for the persecutors and enemies is of course not to prosper their plan. Actually, praying for their demise is also a prayer.

Indeed, we have to pray for the downfall of their evil schemes, and to establish them in some of the righteous paths they are put on!

 

β„™π•€π•’π•π•ž πŸ™πŸœπŸ™:𝟠

"For my eyes are toward You, O GOD, the Lord;

In You I take refuge; do not leave me defenseless."

My eyes have been to many things, to many people, to many lofty things. Even this morning, as I saw doctors doing their duties very admiringly,  it replayed in my mind why I wasn't born to be a doctor. Well, though, I didn't remember this verse, I  knew this theology, and so, I just decided to do what I (also) was good at—opening my Bible for my sanctification and then to be the light in my world.

Doubly blessed to have this verse in today's schedule. Is this a chance, nay, the beauty of God!

 

β„™π•Šπ”Έπ•ƒπ•„ πŸ™πŸœπŸš:𝟜

"Look to the right and see;

For there is no one who regards me;

There is no escape for me;

No one cares for my soul."

How we look for help! Here and there. Remember, God is a very present help!

 

β„™π•€π•’π•π•ž πŸ™πŸœπŸ›:𝟚

"And do not enter into judgment with Your servant,

For in Your sight no man living is righteous."

Is this not the cry of our heart? Is this not our hope, strength, and comfort?

Indeed, this Davidic confession is my confession as well!

 

β„™π•€π•’π•π•ž πŸ™πŸœπŸœ:πŸ›

"O LORD, what is man, that You take knowledge of him?

Or the son of man, that You think of him?"

Indeed! What is man? Oh! What am I that God would number all the hairs in my head! Nothing, but how He notices and loves me.

 

β„™π•€π•’π•π•ž πŸ™πŸœπŸ:𝟝-𝟞

"On the glorious splendor of Your majesty

And on Your wonderful works, I will meditate.

Men shall speak of the power of Your awesome acts,

And I will tell of Your greatness."

Until one meditates on the works of God, he will never have any insight to tell of His greatness.

I have made it my business to tell the world the greatness of God. Even my WhatsApp Profile Status is "For the Fame of God's Name"

The greatest demonstration of the greatness of God is of course in the Gospel, the person and the work of Christ!

 

β„™π•€π•’π•π•ž πŸ™πŸœπŸž:𝟚

"I will praise the LORD while I live;

I will sing praises to my God while I have my being."

Each day is a new day and indeed ought to live like it's the last day because death is certain, it shall come anytime.

The present is the Lord's, and praise from the upright is comely. Oh! My soul, praise Him while I have my being!

 

β„™π•€π•’π•π•ž πŸ™πŸœπŸŸ:πŸ™πŸ™

"The LORD favors those who fear Him,

Those who wait for His lovingkindness."

There are some things I want to do but couldn't do, and I see others doing them.

They made me shut off my mouth and fixed my eyes on them in desire, admiration, and appreciation. They even made my soul jealous, envious, and yeah, distressful.

My soul recalls that God loves those whose delight is in God. They shall be like trees planted by the river of water, bearing fruits.

This Psalm, particularly v11 is a good reminder. Indeed, my hope, my strength, my joy, my life, my dwelling place is God! Oh! How I wish they also find this better one in God!

 

β„™π•€π•’π•π•ž πŸ™πŸœπŸ :𝟝

"Let them praise the name of the LORD,

For He commanded and they were created."

This seems to be the best verse among the rest in this Psalm. We were, are made to praise God. That's our purpose, meaning, joy, delight, and satisfaction!

 

β„™π•€π•’π•π•ž πŸ™πŸœπŸ‘:πŸ™

"Praise the LORD! Sing to the LORD a new song,

And His praise in the congregation of the godly ones."

Indeed, praise (of God) is comely in the congregation of the godly ones. Or else it would be like a golden ring in a pig's snout.

 

β„™π•€π•’π•π•ž πŸ™πŸπŸ˜:𝟞

"Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.

Praise the LORD!"

The last verse of the last chapter of the biggest book in the book of the books.

And it tells everything to praise God. A life without praising God is a wasteful, ungrateful, and wicked life!