Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Short Reflection from Leviticus 26

[Originally posted in a WhatsApp group (LRAU) as a daily reading update (reflection) from each chapter of the Bible]

𝕃𝕖𝕧𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕔𝕦𝕤 𝟚𝟞:𝟙𝟠-𝟚𝟘

"If also after these things you do not obey Me, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins. I will also break down your pride of power; I will also make your sky like iron and your earth like bronze. Your strength will be spent uselessly, for your land will not yield its produce and the trees of the land will not yield their fruit."

I was reading the book of Leviticus to meditate and put up an update for today. I read chapter 1; no verse seemed to stand out. This time I decided to not re-read again and again. So, I moved on with the chapter, no verse stood out. I moved to chapter 3, 4, 5, till the end of the book. Well, it's Sunday, I guess I had a lot of meditation already. But we've got to update. So, this verse.

The Lord will not give up on His requirements, rather He will increase the chastisement 7 times. I cannot confirm it directly in my experience, but I think I have gone through this. Here and there, sometimes I was obstinate, and I had to receive a lot of blows.

However, it's true the Lord disciplines whom He loves. Where could I go but to the Lord? Only the Lord grants repentance. Only the Lord changes the heart of a sinner. And that's true for the redeem too.