Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, February 08, 2023

Short Reflection from Exodus 1-20

[Originally posted in a WhatsApp group (BRU-F) as a daily reading update (reflection) from each chapter of the Bible]

[6:13 pm, 20/02/2022] S.R: ๐”ผ๐•ฉ๐• ๐••๐•ฆ๐•ค ๐Ÿ™:๐Ÿš๐Ÿ™

"Because the midwives feared God, He established households for them."

They dared to disobey Pharaoh because they feared God. We need God-fearing people!

 

๐”ผ๐•ฉ๐• ๐••๐•ฆ๐•ค ๐Ÿš:๐Ÿ™๐ŸŸ

"Then the shepherds came and drove them away, but Moses stood up and helped them and watered their flock."

What a character Moses was! He always stood up for the oppressed!

 

๐”ผ๐•ฉ๐• ๐••๐•ฆ๐•ค ๐Ÿ›:๐Ÿ™๐Ÿœ

“"God said to Moses, ‘I AM WHO I AM’; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"”

God is a generic name. Just like man is a generic name. I am a man but I have a name. Thus, God has a name too. The name of God is "I AM," In the original language it is called "YHWH" or "Yahweh."

Yahweh is the name of God.

 

๐”ผ๐•ฉ๐• ๐••๐•ฆ๐•ค ๐Ÿœ:๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

"The LORD said to him, ‘Who has made man's mouth? Or who makes him mute or deaf, or seeing or blind? Is it not I, the LORD?’"

The handicapped, physically challenged, differently abled are all created by God. No accident!

 

๐”ผ๐•ฉ๐• ๐••๐•ฆ๐•ค ๐Ÿ:๐Ÿš๐Ÿ›

"Ever since I came to Pharaoh to speak in Your name, he has done harm to this people, and You have not delivered Your people at all."

God works differently than we suppose. But He does exceedingly abundantly than we can imagine or ask for. May we be restrained by the Spirit to not give up!

 

๐”ผ๐•ฉ๐• ๐••๐•ฆ๐•ค ๐Ÿž:๐Ÿ›๐Ÿ˜

"But Moses said before the LORD, ‘Behold, I am unskilled in speech; how then will Pharaoh listen to me?’"

If you feel inadequate to do the work of God, you're not alone!

 

๐”ผ๐•ฉ๐• ๐••๐•ฆ๐•ค ๐ŸŸ:๐Ÿš๐Ÿ›

"Then Pharaoh turned and went into his house with no concern even for this."

There are heart-hardened people like this Pharaoh even in our days!

 

๐”ผ๐•ฉ๐• ๐••๐•ฆ๐•ค ๐Ÿ :๐Ÿš๐Ÿ›

"I will put a division between My people and your people. Tomorrow this sign will occur"

God knows whom to protect and whom to punish! Relax!

 

๐”ผ๐•ฉ๐• ๐••๐•ฆ๐•ค ๐Ÿก:๐Ÿš๐ŸŸ-๐Ÿš๐Ÿ 

"Then Pharaoh sent for Moses and Aaron, and said to them, ‘I have sinned this time; the LORD is the righteous one, and I and my people are the wicked ones. Make supplication to the LORD, for there has been enough of God's thunder and hail; and I will let you go, and you shall stay no longer.’"

Some professing Christians aren't even shallow as Pharaoh! Examine your faith, if you are truly Christian!

 

[0:40 pm, 28/02/2022] S.R: —ษดแดแด›ษชา“ษชแด„แด€แด›ษชแดษดs—

Today is the end of February. However, our 30 days commitment will get expired only by tomorrow.

Thank you everyone for your interest and participation.  ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ‘

If you choose to discontinue in the month of March, let me know, and I shall remove you peacefully! Whoever hasn't updated 60% is automatically disqualified, but should he choose to continue, he may continue so. Cool! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Whoever wants a Memento (certificate) for a souvenir, let me know. [I've all the energies to issue for the interested ones and no time for the scoffers! ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜‚]

 

๐”ผ๐•ฉ๐• ๐••๐•ฆ๐•ค ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜:๐Ÿš๐Ÿ -๐Ÿš๐Ÿก

"Then Pharaoh said to him, "Get away from me! Beware, do not see my face again, for in the day you see my face you shall die!" Moses said, "You are right; I shall never see your face again!"

Sinners in unrepentant frustration shut themselves off from God's grace by avoiding His messenger!

 

๐•‹๐• ๐••๐•’๐•ช ๐•š๐•ค ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•– ๐Ÿž๐Ÿ™๐•ค๐•ฅ ๐••๐•’๐•ช ๐• ๐•— ๐Ÿš๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿš๐Ÿš. ๐•†๐•ฆ๐•ฃ ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•š๐•ฃ๐•• ๐•ค๐•–๐•’๐•ค๐• ๐•Ÿ (๐•„๐”ธโ„โ„‚โ„) ๐•’๐•๐•ค๐•  ๐•”๐• ๐•Ÿ๐•ฅ๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•ฆ๐•–๐•ค...

๐”ผ๐•ฉ๐• ๐••๐•ฆ๐•ค ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™:๐Ÿ›

"The LORD gave the people favor in the sight of the Egyptians. Furthermore, the man Moses himself was greatly esteemed in the land of Egypt, both in the sight of Pharaoh's servants and in the sight of the people."

God can even change the heart of enemies to respect and honor us as He did to the Egyptians!

 

๐”ผ๐•ฉ๐• ๐••๐•ฆ๐•ค ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿš:๐Ÿ›๐Ÿ˜-๐Ÿ›๐Ÿ™

"Pharaoh arose in the night, he and all his servants and all the Egyptians, and there was a great cry in Egypt, for there was no home where there was not someone dead. Then he called for Moses and Aaron at night and said, "Rise up, get out from among my people, both you and the sons of Israel; and go, worship the LORD, as you have said."

Whether we like it or not, nobody can thwart the plan of God, His will shall be done just as Pharaoh had let the Israelites go!

 

๐”ผ๐•ฉ๐• ๐••๐•ฆ๐•ค ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ›:๐Ÿ™๐ŸŸ

"Now when Pharaoh had let the people go, God did not lead them by the way of the land of the Philistines, even though it was near; for God said, "The people might change their minds when they see war, and return to Egypt."

God knows how to deliver the Israelites from the temptations, even to let them avoid that they wouldn't be tempted. Also, Remember "The Lord's Prayer: do not lead us to temptation"

 

๐”ผ๐•ฉ๐• ๐••๐•ฆ๐•ค ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿœ:๐Ÿ™๐Ÿœ

"The LORD will fight for you while you keep silent."

If we walk with God, He will fight for us.

 

๐”ผ๐•ฉ๐• ๐••๐•ฆ๐•ค ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ:๐Ÿš-๐Ÿ›

"The LORD is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation; This is my God, and I will praise Him; My father's God, and I will extol Him. The LORD is a warrior; The LORD is His name."

Notice the personal pronoun "my"

This great God of the Bible is my God too!

 

๐”ผ๐•ฉ๐• ๐••๐•ฆ๐•ค ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿž:๐Ÿ›๐Ÿ

"The sons of Israel ate the manna forty years, until they came to an inhabited land; they ate the manna until they came to the border of the land of Canaan."

The Providence and Provision of God!

 

๐”ผ๐•ฉ๐• ๐••๐•ฆ๐•ค ๐Ÿ™๐ŸŸ:๐Ÿ™๐Ÿš

"But Moses' hands were heavy. Then they took a stone and put it under him, and he sat on it; and Aaron and Hur supported his hands, one on one side and one on the other. Thus his hands were steady until the sun set."

Aaron and Hur had their unlikely but crucial part in that battle!

 

๐”ผ๐•ฉ๐• ๐••๐•ฆ๐•ค ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ :๐Ÿš๐Ÿœ

"So Moses listened to his father-in-law and did all that he had said."

Moses, this great man, still humbled himself to listen to his father-in-law. That's what wise man does!

 

๐”ผ๐•ฉ๐• ๐••๐•ฆ๐•ค ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿก:๐Ÿ-๐Ÿž

"Now then, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be My own possession among all the peoples, for all the earth is Mine; and you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.' These are the words that you shall speak to the sons of Israel."

God has a great purpose of His calling and a good one!

 

๐”ผ๐•ฉ๐• ๐••๐•ฆ๐•ค ๐Ÿš๐Ÿ˜:๐Ÿ™๐Ÿก

"Then they said to Moses, 'Speak to us yourself and we will listen; but let not God speak to us, or we will die.'"

This is the problem of sinners and ungodly people. They don't like God. They would rather have man than God. The Israelites had revealed their stiff-necked nature leading them to their damnation in the wilderness.