Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, February 17, 2023

Short Reflection from Selected Chapters of Numbers

[Originally posted in a WhatsApp group (AG) as a daily reading update (reflection) from each chapter of the Bible]

Leviticus, Numbers, and Chronicles are tough to put up updates from each chapter. I have done it once last year. This time, I decided to just skip updating from each chapter. So, these 4 updates will do. (Btw, I have read the entire book this night at one-sitting.)

𝕦𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣𝕤 𝟞:𝟚𝟛-𝟚𝟟

"Speak to Aaron and to his sons, saying, 'Thus you shall bless the sons of Israel. You shall say to them: The LORD bless you, and keep you; The LORD make His face shine on you, And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance on you, And give you peace.' So they shall invoke My name on the sons of Israel, and I then will bless them."

What a wonderful passage is this, right?

The most striking word for me tonight among all these wonderful words is "keep"— that the Lord will keep them. It's about the protection of God, that the Lord will preserve them.

This is my prayer for you all, friends. That the Lord will keep you.

 

𝕦𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣𝕤 𝟙𝟙:𝟙𝟝

"So if You are going to deal thus with me, please kill me at once, if I have found favor in Your sight, and do not let me see my wretchedness."

There were times, I just wanted to die, and asked the Lord to take my life if my life would be dishonoring the Lord and cause people to blaspheme God. And I found comfort in this verse.

Tonight, my prayer is a little different. I pray that the Lord will keep me to see His goodness come to pass.

 

𝕦𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣𝕤 𝟚𝟝:𝟙𝟚-𝟙𝟛

"Therefore say, 'Behold, I give him My covenant of peace; and it shall be for him and his descendants after him, a covenant of a perpetual priesthood, because he was jealous for his God and made atonement for the sons of Israel.'"

See, how the Lord honored the one who honored Him. Let's be zealous for God, friends!

 

𝕦𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣𝕤 𝟛𝟚:𝟚𝟛

"But if you will not do so, behold, you have sinned against the LORD, and be sure your sin will find you out."

Hmmm! "Your sin will find you out" that's pretty scary. But that's why we come to the Lord confessing our sins too since we have 1 John 1:9. However, sin has consequences. And the grace of Jesus Christ is sufficient for us to go through all consequences.