Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, October 30, 2023

Short Reflection from 1 John 1-5

[Originally posted in a WhatsApp group (JAC) as a daily reading update (reflection) from each chapter of the Bible]

[11:12, 5/14/2021] S.R:

𝕀 𝕁𝕆ℍℕ πŸ™:πŸ™πŸ˜

"If we say we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us."

The identity of a Christian is a sinner. Not that it's okay to sin, but it means it's impossible to be sinless before the thrice holy God, and therefore must acknowledge ourselves humbly before God in confession and penitence.

A sinner saved by Grace.

 

𝕀 𝕁𝕆ℍℕ 𝟚:πŸ™πŸ›-πŸ™πŸœ

"I am writing to you, fathers, because you have known Him who has been from the beginning. I am writing to you, young men, because you have π• π•§π•–π•£π•”π• π•žπ•– the evil one. I have written to you, children, because you have known the Father. I have written to you, fathers, because you have known Him who has been from the beginning. I have written to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, and you have π• π•§π•–π•£π•”π• π•žπ•– the evil one."

We are overcomers! We are winners!

We are conquerors! All in Christ!

It's not "we will" Or "we can." It's "we have overcome"

It's done. It's a state of reality.

So, let's live like that! Courageous in struggles, and Rich in good works!

 

𝕀 𝕁𝕆ℍℕ πŸ›:πŸ™πŸ˜

"In this the π•”π•™π•šπ•π••π•£π•–π•Ÿ 𝕠𝕗 𝔾𝕠𝕕 and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not πš™πš›πšŠπšŒπšπš’πšŒπšŽ πš›πš’πšπš‘πšπšŽπš˜πšžπšœπš—πšŽπšœπšœ is not of God, nor is he who does not πš•πš˜πšŸπšŽ πš‘πš’πšœ πš‹πš›πš˜πšπš‘πšŽπš›."

All human beings are brothers and sisters because we are all children of Adam, but only those who are born of God are our only spiritual brothers and sisters.

We are all children of God in the sense God is our Creator, but only those who are born of God are truly children of God. The others are already adopted/enslaved by the devil, Satan.

If we are children of a righteous God, surely, we will demonstrate righteousness in our life. Have people called me or seen me or estimated me "holy" and "righteous" more or have they called me, seen me, or estimated me "wicked" and "sinful" more?

And if we are children of God, we are family members, we are brothers and sisters, therefore, we love one another. The people whom I love most on planet earth are my family members. When I get married, maybe she will be the one, but as of now, my family members are! And then, my church members and the layer of circles goes on...

 

𝕀 𝕁𝕆ℍℕ 𝟜:πŸ™πŸš

"Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another."

It's one thing to love, and another thing to demonstrate our love. God loves us and demonstrates His love for us.

It's one thing to say, "I love you," it's another thing to mean it. My Rongmei culture hardly says "I love you" to one another. Actually, it's awkward to say, and I think it doesn't exist in our culture. It doesn't make sense to say.

And I am glad that the way how God reveals His love for us is not by saying, "I really love you from the deep deep bottom of my heart," but by demonstration of actions.

Oh! Indeed! How needed that we love not only in words but in deeds too!

 

𝕀 𝕁𝕆ℍℕ 𝟝:πŸ™πŸ‘

"We know that we are of God, and that the whole world lies in the power of the evil one."

We, believers, are of God. Jesus is our Master.

But we live in this world where Satan claimed to be the master of all things.

And in v18 it says Satan does not touch the believers. Because we are freed from his enslavement.  Sure, like Pharaoh who troubled the Israelites by sending armies to capture them by the Red Sea, Satan will cause trouble for us, he can even influence us indirectly, but He cannot touch us again. And one day like the Pharaoh's armies they shall never cross the Red Sea and perish on it.

I pray that God will open our eyes of understanding (v20) to comprehend the power and the glory of God!