Search This Blog

Translate

Saturday, December 31, 2022

Bible Reading Reflection from 2 Timothy 1-4

[Originally posted in a WhatsApp group (DG) as a daily reading update (reflection) from each chapter of the Bible] 

𝕀𝕀 𝕋𝕀𝕄𝕆𝕋𝕐 𝟙:𝟙𝟚

"For this reason I also suffer these things, but I am not ashamed; for I know whom I have believed and I am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him until that day."

What assurance Paul has had in Jesus Christ. And we all can say like him with full of joy in our hearts because assurance is the birthright of every Christian. There's even a hymn taken out from this verse! “I know whom I have believed.”

 

𝕀𝕀 𝕋𝕀𝕄𝕆𝕋𝕐 𝟚:𝟚𝟘-𝟚𝟙

"Now in a large house there are not only gold and silver vessels, but also vessels of wood and of clay, and some to honor and some to dishonor. Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from these things, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, having been prepared for every good work."

We love to be great. We love to be great even in the kingdom of God. We love to be greatly used by God.

Those desires aren't evil, they are great! And these 2 verses reveal to us how we can be greatly used by God: To sanctify our body daily.

God hates sin. Sin disturbs our communion with God. Sin and God cannot work together. To be used greatly by God is to depart from sin. To be great is to be holy.

 

𝕀𝕀 𝕋𝕀𝕄𝕆𝕋𝕐 3:𝟙𝟚

"Indeed, all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will be persecuted."

If I am living comfortably in this world; if I am at peace with this world, my surrounding; if the world and people around me are okay with my lifestyle, then most probably I am not godly at all!

Following Christ is through the narrow gate. Not only the gate is narrow, but the way is narrow too. And only a few find it.

Can't live like the world. Can't mingle with the world!

 

𝕀𝕀 𝕋𝕀𝕄𝕆𝕋𝕐 𝟜:𝟙𝟞

"At my first defense no one supported me, but all deserted me. May it not be counted against them."

Christ was forgiving. Stephen was forgiving. Paul was forgiving.

They all prayed for those who had wronged them.

That's moving one step farther than forgiveness!

Job also prayed for his bitter friends to be forgiven!