Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, September 15, 2023

Short Reflection from 2 Corinthians 1-13

[Originally posted in a WhatsApp group (BRW-M) as a daily reading update (reflection) from each chapter of the Bible]

[6:20 pm, 02/02/2022] S.R:

𝟚 𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕒𝕟𝕤 𝟙:𝟙𝟙

"you also joining in helping us through your prayers, so that thanks may be given by many persons on our behalf for the favor bestowed on us through the prayers of many."

One of my main jobs as a pastor is to make every church member a prayerful person!

 

𝟚 𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕒𝕟𝕤 𝟚:𝟙𝟚-𝟙𝟛

"Now when I came to Troas for the gospel of Christ and when a door was opened for me in the Lord, I had no rest for my spirit, not finding Titus my brother; but taking my leave of them, I went on to Macedonia."

Someday, I would like to recall such similar incidents in my life, not that I want to be worried, but the compassion and relationship I have with others!

 

𝟚 𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕒𝕟𝕤 𝟛:𝟙𝟠

"But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit."

Biblically speaking there's nothing called backsliding Christian. That's poor terminology for a real problem. Every Christian is becoming better and better day by day.

 

𝟚 𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕒𝕟𝕤 𝟜:𝟙

"Therefore, since we have this ministry, as we received mercy, we do not lose heart,"

Gospel Ministry workers can't afford to be discouraged but actually is discouraging. I think all works and professions are too discouraging at certain times, and maybe rightly so, but not the Gospel Ministry for the mercy and grace of God abounds!

 

𝟚 𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕒𝕟𝕤 𝟝:𝟚-𝟜

"For indeed in this house we groan, longing to be clothed with our dwelling from heaven, inasmuch as we, having put it on, will not be found naked. For indeed while we are in this tent, we groan, being burdened, because we do not want to be unclothed but to be clothed, so that what is mortal will be swallowed up by life."

But, do we groan???

 

𝟚 𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕒𝕟𝕤 𝟞:𝟙𝟙-𝟙𝟛

"Our mouth has spoken freely to you, O Corinthians, our heart is opened wide. You are not restrained by us, but you are restrained in your own affections. Now in a like exchange--I speak as to children--open wide to us also."

Sometimes leaders are the problem, but other times, people are the problem like the Corinthians!

 

𝟚 𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕒𝕟𝕤 𝟟:𝟙𝟘

"For the sorrow that is according to the will of God produces a repentance without regret, leading to salvation, but the sorrow of the world produces death."

Sorrow accompanied by a change of lifestyle!

 

[7:07 am, 09/02/2022] S.R: @Chakhuangam, Today is the 40th day of our update. And I just want to acknowledge that you are the most consistent person among all the 50+ participants. You are even more consistent than me! In that you put up your update between 00:00 to 01:00 AM every day! A person like you should become an IAS officer! 👍The rest of us in this group should be glad to have you become our DC saheb! 🙂

 

𝟚 𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕒𝕟𝕤 𝟠:𝟚𝟜

"Therefore openly before the churches, show them the proof of your love and of our reason for boasting about you."

Paul often boasted about others whom he had mentored. In fact, he even said that they were his crown, his joy, and his comfort.

Even in day-to-day life we often say, "Bro, I am proud of you" when someone we know achieves something great.

Likewise, it's appropriate that I boast about @Chakhuangam for his consistency! 😇

I want to boast about all of you in other groups! 😎 And let me know if I can help you boast about me.

Paul was a boaster! 😎😂

 

𝟚 𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕒𝕟𝕤 𝟡:𝟛-𝟜

"But I have sent the brethren, in order that our boasting about you may not be made empty in this case, so that, as I was saying, you may be prepared; otherwise if any Macedonians come with me and find you unprepared, we--not to speak of you--will be put to shame by this confidence."

It's okay to impress one another! It's okay to plan to impress one another.

 

𝟚 𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕒𝕟𝕤 𝟙𝟘:𝟙𝟛

"But we will not boast beyond our measure, but within the measure of the sphere which God apportioned to us as a measure, to reach even as far as you."

Boasting has its areas, sure!

 

𝟚 𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕒𝕟𝕤 𝟙𝟙:𝟛𝟘

"If I have to boast, I will boast of what pertains to my weakness."

Boasting that magnifies, glorifies, popularizes, or sanctifies God is a holy boasting!

 

𝟚 𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕒𝕟𝕤 𝟙𝟚:𝟡

"And He has said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.’ Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me."

One of my favorite Bible verses in this book!

 

𝟚 𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕒𝕟𝕤 𝟙𝟛:𝟙𝟜

"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all."

One of the most loved benedictions is from Paul to the Corinthians in this verse! 😇👍